Saturday, October 21, 2006

The hardest of dilemmas

What would you do if you were in a happy relationship with someone who you knew had to leave the country in a few months? Two friends are in this very position and finding themselves forced to deal with the hardest of dilemmas. Marry...or split up.
Now this is not the kind of dilemma that many 20-something year olds have to face. But as the cliche goes - you can't chose who you fall in love with. When it is someone close to you, it's easy to judge. "That Green Card-watching foreigner's trying to brainwash my friend." But things are rarely black and white. I in fact found myself sympathising (even after the hangover had worn off) with my friend's girlfriend. I am not being flippant about marriage, just trying to see the other side of the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home